July Community News
In this issue:
- * July Practice: Guru Rinpoche Day
- * Adzom Gyalse Rinpoche’s USA Tour to Dzogchen Nyingthig Centers
- * Venerable Lama Rinchen Visiting Portland This Weekend
- * Chamtrul Rinpoche Teaching at NWTC in August
- * Lama Jacqueline’s Fall/Winter Schedule
Invoke the Blessings of Guru Rinpoche
Sunday, July 22rd: Guru Rinpoche displayed innumerable miraculous deeds to benefit beings on the 10th lunar day of the month. The blessings of Guru Rinpoche are quite close on this day. We will start with mindfulness meditation and finish with a brief tsok. All meritorious actions of practice and generosity of tsok are multiplied. This accumulated merit brings swift accomplishment of practice.
Location: Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Suggested Donation: $10.
No one turned away for financial reasons.
Registration Now Open
Adzom P. Rinpoche requested Adzom Gyalse Rinpoche to teach in Portland. This will be the first time The Wish Fulfilling Treasure is taught and translated into English in The Pacific Northwest. As far as could be found, only one of the 22 chapters have been translated into English, Chapter 1, How samsara originates out of the ground. These teachings will provide a new window into extraordinary wisdom with the extra blessing for Samden Ling bringing in the teachings and transmissions of Longchen Rabjam.
Teachings open to all levels including beginners.
WEEKEND OPTION (Aug 4th & 5th) recently added. For those who cannot attend the full 5-day retreat August 4-8th, Rinpoche has agreed to open partial attendance to allow as many people as possible to benefit from these profound teachings.
If you are planning to attend these teachings, please register as soon as possible to assist us in preparing to comfortably accommodate everyone and give the caterer the requested lunch count. Further important details about the retreat will be sent in a separate email to only those who have registered.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MERITORIOUS ACTIVITY
- * We have received 2 requests thus far for scholarships to attend Rinpoche’s teachings. To aid others to access the Dharma is highly regarded as a meritorious activity and is also just a kind, charitable thing to do for your fellow Dharma brothers and sisters. Please contact us to help fulfill these scholarship requests if you are able to do so.
- * Would you like to have the chance to meet Rinpoche, his attendant, and translator in an informal setting? Greeting and transporting Rinpoche, his attendant and translator from the Portland International Airport to a NW Portland residence on August 3 is currently available, as is transporting them back to the Portland International Airport on the morning of August 11. Safe driving record, space for 3 passengers with luggage, and Dharma connection to Samden Ling preferred. Please contact us for further information.
- * There are also a few dinner engagements available. Contact us to schedule/sponsor a dinner with Rinpoche, his attendant and translator Tashi.
- * Volunteers to transport and set up the throne are needed. Set up will occur on Aug 3 in the afternoon, and taking down the throne will happen directly after the teachings on Aug 8. Please let us know if you can help with this.
- * Flowers are a beautiful offering to Rinpoche and all who attend and view them. Please let us know if you would like to sponsor or bring flowers for Rinpoche’s throne and/or retreat space.
Venerable Lama Rinchen Returns to Portland Next Week
Tibetan Buddhist teachings and transmission by Lama Rinchen next week at a residence in SE Portland. He will be teaching on the Precious Treasury of the Way of Abiding by Longchenpa.
Location: 3717 SE Washington Street, Portland, Oregon
Saturday, July 14 and Sunday, July 15 from 1:00-5:00 p.m. each day
Registration: $60 each day
Please email Paul for further details or call him at 503-234-6480.
Chamtrul Rinpoche Teaching at Northwest Tibetan Cultural Association (NWTCA)
*** Please note: Teachings at the NWTCA are entirely in Tibetan. No English texts will be available, and translation in English is not offered. ***
Chamtrul Rinpoche continues his yearly visit to Portland at the NWTCA Thursday evening, August 2 through Saturday, August 4. He will continue his teachings on Dzogpa Chenpo Semnyid Ngelso (Relaxing in the Natural State of the Mind). For further information, visit NWTCA’s website
Beginning in September, Jacqueline will be adjusting her schedule to accommodate additional time for practice, reflection and writing. She will still be available for private interviews to discuss ngondro practice, or questions regarding your meditation practice, however, public classes will not be offered while she is on retreat/sabbatical. Thank you for your understanding.